Circulation/Multimedia Student Assistant (Fall 2015)
The Circulation/Multimedia Student Assistant works at the Circulation or Multimedia Desk checking Library materials out and receiving items in from users. This position does not supervise other student assistants.
- Answer the desk phone and greet visitors
- Answer questions/explain policies pertaining to fines/fees/recalls/due dates
- Accept electronic fine payments
- Check out/in library materials, interlibrary loans, reserves, laptops and peripherals
- Deliver books to other departments on campus
- Fill public copiers with paper/toner, clear jams, as needed
- Assist patrons with scanning/copier/microfilm equipment questions
- Maintain the public printers and sort print jobs in the absence of ITS staff
- Scan documents for reserve/interlibrary loan as needed
- Respond to security-gate alarms
- Shelf reading of library materials
- Search the stacks for library materials
- Other duties as assigned
The Library is open 24/5; mornings, evenings and overnight hour shifts available.
Job Qualifications: Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; Windows, MS Office and copier/printer experience. Library volunteer/work experience or experience at a customer service desk preferred.
Please submit a one-page statement of interest for working at the Library to the Circulation Desk, attention Bernard Hogben, Manager, Access Services. Please include your resume, two work or volunteer references, and a library application. Applications accepted until all shifts are filled.
- If you become a fan of the Library on Facebook, you will get a super-secret, extra-early notice of jobs.