Interlibrary Loan Student Assistant, Access Services (Spring 2016)
ILL Student Assistants work under the supervision of the library Interlibrary Loan staff. This position does not supervise other student assistants.
- Complete job duties according to departmental procedures
- Retrieve materials from the library stacks using Library of Congress call numbers
- Look up call numbers using the on-line catalog
- Search library databases/web for Borrowing article requests
- Scan journal articles and other materials
- Update, send and receive articles through online software systems
- Package books and other materials for shipment to other libraries
- Open and sort incoming mail
- Prepare and place book straps on items
- Perform filing duties
- Prioritize tasks to efficiently and accurately coordinate ones workflow
- Other duties as assigned
Capable of working independently, the ideal candidate will: be able to follow verbal and written instructions, be detail oriented, able to lift/push at least 40lb, and have Windows and office equipment experience. Must be able to work an established schedule between the hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm pm Mon through Fri. Library experience is helpful, but not required.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter/statement of interest, resume, and library application to the Circulation Desk, attention to ILL. Alternatively you can email all these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are being accepted until all positions are filled.
Multimedia Services Student Assistant (Spring 2016)
Hours: 10 hours per week, starting at $9.00/hr
Perform a variety of circulation activities and respond to inquiries regarding circulation policies. Responsible for the daily workflow at the multimedia circulation desk as scheduled to include opening and closing the facility.
- Perform routine desk duties as scheduled to include charging/discharging material using circulation software.
- Advise users regarding library building, policy, procedures and related matters.
- Refer users to the correct online form (Multimedia Scheduling, Reserves, Fine Appeals).
- Shelve multimedia materials; maintain collection in correct call number order.
- Provide patron assistance with basic operation of audio/visual equipment.
- Deliver multimedia to campus departments.
- Open/close library building as schedule demands; ensure security of the collection and safety of library staff and patrons.
- Work on various projects as assigned.
- Previous library experience in circulation or equivalent experience in customer service.
- Good attention to detail, strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers; the ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software is preferred.
- Must be able to assert library policy.
- Capable of working independently.
- Applicants must be available to work various times during the library’s hours of operation, including weekends.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and a copy of current class schedule to Multimedia Services (3rd Floor, Gannett), attention Kelly Merritt, Multimedia Services Manager.
The position will be posted until filled at which time all applicants will be notified.
- If you become a fan of the Library on Facebook, you will get a super-secret, extra-early notice of jobs.