About the Ithaca College Library
Welcome to the Ithaca College Library. Our mission is to enhance teaching and learning at Ithaca College through the provision of flexible, diverse, and user-centered information services and resources.
The library staff works to create an organization that is receptive to innovation, recognized for efficient management, and focused on continuous improvement in our services, resources, and facility. To that end, we value your comments—user feedback is reviewed and frequently results in service / resource enhancements.
I encourage you to take full advantage of the services and resources we offer.
Lisabeth Chabot, College Librarian
- First Year Reading Initiative
- Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival Each year, the library collaborates with FLEFF and purchases showcased films for the permanent collection. Films purchased for Fleff.
- Ithaca College Oral History Project Audio interviews with retired faculty and administrators.
- Ithaca College Then and Now - A series of YouTube videos highlighting campus changes over the years.
- We're open more than 112 hours per week! Extended hours during exam periods.
- IC Faculty, Staff, and Students have 24/7 access to online resources.
- Ask a Librarian - Targeted research assistance and instruction provided by our subject experts.
- Interlibrary Loan - requested articles delivered via e-mail.
- 385,000 volumes. About 6,000 titles are added each year.
- 71,000 electronic books
- 150 Full-text databases
- 37,000 multimedia items, including an extensive DVD collection.
- 2,000 serial subscriptions (print and online)
- More than 45,000 serials in full-text databases
- Research Guides for general subject areas and for specific courses
- The Ithaca College Archives features the Rod Serling collection, online access to historical issues of The Ithacan, and digitized images of the College.